AML Vulnerabilities in the Real Estate sector
AML SPOTLIGHT REPORT
The Real Estate sector has long been regarded as a soft target for criminals looking to legitimise the proceeds of illegal activity. Now Russia’s war with Ukraine has brought this issue into even sharper focus, as Western countries apply sanctions to prominent Russians with overseas properties.
As a result, regulators are now cracking down on Real Estate businesses that fall short on anti-money laundering (AML) and countering the financing of terrorism (CFT) standards.
To ensure your business doesn’t fall foul of new national and international legislation and regulatory requirements, this industry report will help you to identify any weaknesses in your existing compliance framework.
In this industry report, we look at:
- Where Real Estate businesses face AML risks
- The current regulatory environment
- The international perspective
- Screening for sanctions, ultimate beneficial owners (UBOs), and politically exposed persons (PEPs)
- How to ensure compliance with AML
Download this valuable compliance analysis.